in 1 Peter 3:15, the apostle Peter writes, “Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope that you have.”
We are inviting everyone at True North to prepare themselves by sharing their faith stories on Sunday morning. This is a great opportunity to consider what you would say to a non-Christian who expresses interest in your faith.
To help you prepare, we have developed these tips for sharing your faith.
- Consider your audience: The purpose of this is to consider what you would say to a non-Christian rather then your Christian friends, so you will want to avoid Christian jargon that may add confusion and try to keep it brief-5 minutes or less
- Stay focused on the listener: Sharing your faith story is more about what they need to consider than about what you want to tell. Pay attention to how they respond. Allow them to ask questions and give them time to process on their own
- Keep it simple: Highlight Jesus’ willingness to die for ALL people and that there is no one beyond hope.
- Give your reasons: Your personal faith story can be impactful and insightful. Answer these questions:
- How did you come to faith in Jesus?
- What are the biggest 1-2 reasons you continue to put your hope in Him in day?