We have developed the following mitigation plan in response to the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic. We recognize that health risks related to this disease call for us to have an elevated level of awareness about disease transmission in public gatherings. We are also committed to honoring God’s command to be subject to governing authorities who have been instituted by Him (Romans 13:1-4). Those authorities are setting standards for us to follow in response to the pandemic. We will continue to monitor those guidelines and make adjustments as necessary.
While we cannot prevent all spread of infection, we want to take reasonable steps to help minimize it for the safety of our church family members and people they come in contact with. We want to do what we can to avoid a COVID-19 outbreak that could hospitalize multiple people and put vulnerable people in our community at risk. To accomplish these goals we will make the following modifications for our church gatherings.
Prior to group gatherings, we will thoroughly clean & disinfect high-touch surfaces according to CDC guidelines as outlined in our “True North Church COVID-19 Cleaning Checklist”.
PROMOTING HEALTHY HYGIENE PRACTICES
- We will ensure there is an adequate supply of soap and paper towels for church members and visitors to use for handwashing.
- We will provide hand sanitizer throughout the church for church members to use.
- We will place and disinfectant wipes outside bathrooms for cleaning door handles, bathroom fixtures, etc before use.
- As always, we encourage people to stay home if they are not feeling well. If you do test positive for COVID-19, please inform us as soon as possible so that we can encourage others to be tested while still respecting your privacy.
MODIFICATIONS TO LIMIT COMMUNITY SHARING
- We will no longer pass offering baskets for giving of tithes and offerings to the Lord. Instead we encourage church members to mail checks to the church, use online giving options, or leave gifts in the collection box at the back of the sanctuary.
- We will not print a paper bulletin to hand out. Church announcements will be posted on our website (www.truenorthcf.org) and in the “Events” section of the Church Center app.
- We will suspend offering coffee/treats during worship and shared monthly meals.
- We will modify communion to prevent sharing of communion elements between families.
ONLINE WORSHIP GATHERING OPTION
We will continue to provide an opportunity for people to join us remotely for worship through Zoom. We also encourage small group gatherings to consider offering an online connection option for any group members who choose to remain at home.
For Sunday worship, we invite church members in attendance to also join the Zoom meeting in order to maintain a personal connection with those joining us remotely.
As of July 25, 2020 all people in MN are required to wear a face covering in all public indoor spaces and businesses, unless alone. Types of face coverings can include a paper or disposable mask, a cloth mask, a neck gaiter, a scarf, a bandanna, or a religious face covering. These face coverings must cover the nose and mouth completely.
In compliance with this order, face coverings are required for everyone age 5 and older attending church gatherings.
SUNDAY WORSHIP GATHERINGS
When we gather together as a church family, we will need to place a priority on “social distancing.” We ask that everyone in attendance be mindful about minimizing physical interactions and maintaining the recommended 6ft distance between yourself and people who are not in your family.
We ask that everyone in attendance find seating that leaves a 6ft space between family groups. Also be mindful of spacing when entering and leaving the building, walking through narrow areas, or stopping to talk to others.
Deepening relationships with one another is an integral part of our time together as a church. During this time, we encourage everyone to move conversations with one another after our worship time outdoors to allow for better distancing.
We are unable to provide nursery and separate children’s ministry activities at this time, but children are loved and welcome to join us for regular Sunday family worship activities. We will continue to hold True North Teen meetings for kids in grade 6-12.