Family is important to us at True North. We know that God brings us together as brothers and sisters in Christ no matter where we come from or what stage of life we are in. Because of this, we have designed Wednesday evenings to be “Family Night”.
Our Wednesday evening ministry is focused on bringing together everyone in the True North Family for faith development, fellowship and fun. Each week we have a variety of activities happening to help connect everyone and challenge us all to grow in our relationships with Jesus Christ.
Here is what to expect during Family Night each Wednesday:
- 4:00-6:00 PM: Homework Time: We want to invite kids of all age to come together to work on school work in an encouraging and helpful environment. Several teens and adults are available to provide tutoring and assistance.
- 5:30-6:30 PM: Dinner: Food is available for anyone already here for homework time and anyone who wants to join us for a meal before the rest of the evening’s activities.
- 6:30-7:15 PM: Group worship: During this time, we all gather together for a time of singing, prayer, and Bible discussion. Topics for discussion vary each week and all church members are invited to share.
- 7:15-8:30 PM: Small group activities: We invite everyone to participate in one of several small group activities. These will include Bible study groups, a Bible-based fun activity, and our “Missionary Alcove”-where you can learn about, pray for, and write letters to missionaries we have relationship with around the world.
- 8:30-9 PM: People are welcome to stay for further conversation & prayer.
On Wednesday nights we are memorizing 52 key Bible passages together. Here are the passages we have learned so far: